Sunday, August 16, 2009

I made it! Now, where my stores at?

Ok, I made it a week ago, but I have been a little behind in my posts. Sorry! I have been taking notes, though, on what I plan to blog about. I do want to point out that we as a family driving up here did not pan out so I do not have stories or pictures of how beautiful the country is, but hopefully one day that drive will happen. Anyway, I'm starting from my first experiences of being here... Well, the area around my place is decent, but it seems that I've landed in a small town! Argh. Case in point: my husband and I went to the nearest Wal-Mart. This is when I knew. It was an old, small store that you Texans might remember back in the 80's. They even still put sticker prices on every item in the store. Now that takes me back decades--lol! Needless to say, it was not a Super Wal-Mart! No groceries? I really was in shock! Where would we go?? Fortunately, right down the street from us is a store and it will now be where we buy our food. Hannaford is my new friend (begrudgingly). I mean, it's not the biggest store and the prices are high (like a Randall's or maybe a Kroger). Also, the Hispanic population is not as prominent here so I will not readily find chorizo or a tortilleria in the store. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment