Thursday, July 22, 2010
Pool time!
The summer has long begun and one thing I've learned about New Englanders and summer is that they love their pools! I noticed it last year when we moved here in August. There was a story on the news that the weather was "hot", but the local pool was closed. It was a big deal to these people! Since going through a winter here I now appreciate or understand where they are coming from. But that doesn't change me as a person that really doesn't care to go to a pool very much. I lived in Houston for about 5 years in several apartments and went to the pool probably a handful of times. It seems alien to people here when I mention that to them. I still have only been in a pool once here this whole summer... and I had to buy a new swimsuit because the other ones were over five years old and didn't fit me! I know I might go at least one more time for the sake of my daughter, which is what motivated me to get in the first time. Anything (well, almost) for my little girl. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment