Friday, September 25, 2009
A familiar taste of home
I know we didn't move to a different country so there are some of the same restaurants like I had at home that are right around the corner from me now. Yet there are some in this state that are far out of reach and there are some that are completely missing. For example, all the common burger joints like Wendy's, McDonald's and Burger King are all here. There are even Chick Fil-A's that are available, but there are only a handful in the whole state! (Unfortunately, there isn't one near me). What's missing and what I surely do miss is Taco Cabana. Man, I can think of several things that I liked to eat there. The one in particular that I miss is the quarter chicken meal. Mmmmm.... Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that there are IHOP's here. The nearest one is a few towns over, but it is here. It used to be a little tradition with my husband and me to eat there on one of the mornings during the weekend a time before the baby was born. As thoughtful as my husband is, he offered to take me there one day for breakfast. The one thing I can't deny is that they have the best pancakes ever and I was happy to have a familiar taste of home to be able to enjoy here in this new place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I still haven't eaten at Taco Cabana!
ReplyDelete